There are many great references on the internet. This is just a few
that I think you will enjoy.
References / More Experiments
- This is the major reference for all things fun.
and many (but not all) of the phrases used on the Gravity is Optional site.
- Wow - there is a lot here. Have fun :)
- Toys from Trash -
- Hundreds of experiments .. many are worthless .. most are excellent .. made from trash
- Children's Museum of Houston
- This museum has a number of
videos .. I have linked to a few.
Exploatorium - San Francisco
- This science museum produces
numerous books of experiments you can do at home.
You will also enjoy
their youtube channel.
- Amateur Science - wbeaty's Channel
- Associated with
Dangerous High-speed Magnetic Levitation Maglev.
- Dr. Carlson's Science Theater - supported by Purdue University and NSF
- Youtube channel -
Eddy Currents - Science Theater 23
- sparkbangbuzz.com - Cool Homemade Stuff etc.
- Many of these are far more advanced than the experiments on my page.
While everything is good, the following are highly recommended.
- Mystery of Prince Rupert's Drop at 130,000 fps
- This is a very impressive high speed video of case hardened glass exploding!
- video by
- wikipedia description
- There are so many great videos - this is just a sample -
The Original Double Slit Experiment
- Very thought provoking - you might spend a few days here. For instance,
This Is Not Yellow
explains how your eyes "see" colors when those colors actually don't exist.
- The University of Maryland
Physics Lecture Demonstration Facility
- This page presents (catalogs) all the demos used in various physics courses.
In addition, many of these are also used for
Physics is Phun -
free public lecture-demonstration programs (no math - just fun!).
- Practical Engineering
- This youtube channel is great
What is Water Hammer?,
What is a Tuned Mass Damper?,
Design Your Own Space Elevator,
and lots more
- Physics Girl
started as a ditz, but makes some very good videos -
Crazy pool vortex,
What are antibubbles?,
How to shrink a quarter with electricity
Most of the parts you need for the demonstrations described on the site
can be found in local stores. However, there are a few that most people
will have to purchase online.
These are a few book I think you will like.